Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I Dream of Cookies

Cookies are probably my favorite dessert.



Well, cookies and ice cream.



I like to keep things classy, you know?



While I will eat and enjoy just about any cookie, I do love an excellent cookie. And lately I feel like I've hit my stride when it comes to getting the butter and sugars creamed just right, and the cooking temperature perfect, to make those cookies that are lightly crisped around the edges, chewy in the middle, and full of rich, buttery flavors and textures.



Then I found this article. A million and one variations on the chocolate chip cookie, complete with all the science and voodoo behind it. I need a cookie, like now.



And now, even though I'm supposed to go work on my classroom, all I want to do is hit the grocery store and bake cookies all day.



Maybe I can find a happy medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment