Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Granolapalooza

A few weeks ago, Sister and Psuedo-Sister (AKA Meg) were hanging out with me and we decided to try our hand at some new granola.





I make granola all the time, it's way cheaper than buying and I like being able to control the ingredients. I posted about it a while ago, and gave you my basic formula. Usually I go the route of coconut and cranberry, since it's Dan's favorite.




Plus, with coconut oil and honey, it's a pretty healthy staple.



But this time, us gals wanted a something little more exciting.



We mixed up some old-fashioned oats along with multigrain oats (for a little added texture), added some melted butter, and confectioners sugar. We toasted this with a handful of almonds for 12 minutes (mix once at 6 minutes).





Once it came out of the oven and warm and delicious-smelling, we added shredded coconut, dried blueberries, and...another dusting of confectioners sugar.



We dubbed it blueberries and cream, and boy was it tasty. Definitely a sweet treat and not an everyday type of granola, but worth every bite!





Hmm, maybe I'll have to make another batch of this soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment