Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Culinary Wish List

I've had a rough couple of weeks lately, and I've been slacking off on the delicious recipes (and blogging) as a result. But no more! The rain has gone, the sun is out, and I went to Trader Joe's with my mom today, so I'm feeling full of inspiration and excitement.



Since my mom is here, I made an enormous pot of Pioneer Woman's knockoff Zuppa Toscana (it was absolutely delicious--creamy and brothy and flavorful).


PW's picture, not mine. None of the photos shown are mine. 



I have some canned pumpkin to make goodies like these.


Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Frosting



Pumpkin Snickerdoodles



I'm also hoping to use some of that pumpkin to make risotto--I'll post the recipe if/when that happens!



We go apple picking tomorrow, so some Jewish apple cake will be in my future, possibly along with some of these guys:


Crockpot Apple Butter

Brown Sugar Apple Muffins


Of course, some of the apples/apple products (you know, like...pies...and crisps...) will be saved for our 5th Annual Oktoberfest. We always have tons of delicious fall foods there.



In other news, my mom is in town! She's been here for less than 24 hours and it's already so wonderful. It'd been a long time since she visited, and man was I ready. She even gets to come apple picking with us, which will be awesome.



Have you tried any new recipes lately? Anything awesome you're itching to make?



No comments:

Post a Comment