Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Long Overdue

So life has been simultaneously busy and underwhelming lately. I picked up an after-school job babysitting for an awesome family from my district, and while I love the gig, it does mean that I regularly don't get home until 6 PM or later. This means some pretty lame meals, although some of our crock pot favorites are making a reappearance.



It also means I've been doing a good amount of prep on the weekends. I've taken to hardboiling 6-8 eggs on Sunday evening, along with things like muffins, roasted veggies, and a new favorite:




Homemade granola! Dan's on a yogurt parfait kick, which means lots of greek yogurt (we're fans of Trader Joe's Vanilla) topped with banana and granola. This was super easy to make, so I put the "recipe" below.



Other than that, I've got a chicken roasting in the crock pot tomorrow, we've had chili, and Dan has taken over the production of tacos (huzzah!)



What are you favorite dinners when you're short on time?



Henrich-Style Granola

3 cups oats (I used TJ's Organic Old Fashioned)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup raw almond slivers
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup shredded coconut


Mix the oats, oil, honey, and almond together; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at ~350 for 20-30 minutes. Make sure you stir/toss it around to keep the edges from burning. Add the cranberries and coconut upon removing from the oven, but while the granola is still warm.

This made enough granola to fill a 1-quart and 1-pint mason jars. Yep, that's a scientific measurement.



No comments:

Post a Comment