Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Not-So-Dirty Hippie

Over the past 6-8 months or so, I've been slowly swapping out a lot of my body and beauty care products for more natural stuff. My husband calls this becoming "hippie-dippy."


I prefer to think of it as taking care of myself.



Whatever floats your boat.



So far, I've incorporated a homemade sugar scrub (which leaves my skin super soft and happy), Simple brand facial wash, and Say Yes to Carrots body butter. All of these things have fewer (or no) chemicals, and are way easier on my skin. And, pleasant surprise? Most of them aren't much harder on my wallet than the "normal" stuff.



Anyway, one of my newest swaps is for some sulfate-free, natural-product laden shampoo, conditioner, and soap.





I got these bad boys from Trader Joe's, and they were surprisingly affordable. I have pretty bad dandruff (especially in the winter) and the tea-tree oil is supposed to handle that. I've been using the conditioner for a few days now and I love it, but I'll keep you updated as I use these. After just one use,  I love the smell and the softness of my skin and hair.



Hippie-dippies, unite!

1 comment: