Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Last Days

Yesterday was my last day of student teaching.


Cue the dramatic music.


I actually wan't that emotional while I was at school, but I'm still feeling kinda sad. It was a lot of time and effort, and I really loved the class. BUT! I already have plans to go back and visit, and I'm furiously beginning my job search. Because I want my own classroom. One that I can keep for more than 12 weeks.


But until that begins, here are some snapshots from my last days at Jarrettown:



 Snowman poems--we did a brief study of shapes, and then we sponge painted snowman using different shapes (triangle snowmen, star snowman, etc) and the kids wrote "poems" using describing words.



 My last bulletin board:



 The kids decorated the snowman and we cut out snowflakes from coffee filters (also using shapes!)


And, finally, they threw me an adorable little party yesterday afternoon.




There was a cake, but I didn't get any pre-cut pictures. The kids devoured it and promptly began bouncing off the walls. Our room mother, who is an incredibly sweet lady and is truly excellent at her job, was fine with the kids eating a slice of cake, two or three cookies, and a Capri Sun juice.


0_0


Just picture it.


Anyways, it was very fun. They all decorated the banner and my lovely new teacher bag has all their handprints (signed, of course--who doesn't love kindergartener handwriting?!), and the parents chipped in for some sweet gifts (flashcards, Becker store gift card, etc).


So all in all, it was a great experience and I'm ready for the next adventure. 6th grade class in a mostly Hispanic charter school? (read: job posted online that I will probably never have, but will pursue aggressively nonetheless) Bring it!





1 comment:

  1. I love the bag!!! I know you will use it for a long time to come! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete