Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Currently...

Enjoying: the last few days of our little Christmas tree. I always enjoy the festivity and cheer of a tree, and even though this may have been my least-spirited Christmas to date, I'm still loving the twinkly lights and nostalgic ornaments.


This is my mother-in-law's tree, not mine, but we have similar ideas as far as trees. Mine are usually fatter, though!



And yes, I'm a kitschy-and-cutesy-and-not-at-all-themed Christmas tree. Ombre tree in pink? Sure, it's trendy and shiny, but just so not me.



Trying: to find a better balance between work and life. I was totally freaking by the end of December, and I want to remember that I have other goals and priorities in my life. You know, like my husband, my family, and my well-being...






Reading: well, technically re-reading, but The Hobbit. And heavens to betsy, there are so.many.freaking.songs. Really, Tolkien, your prose is lovely enough without having to stick all these random poems in there!! I'm also hoping to get to Life of Pi sometime soon.



Listening: the Les Miserables movie has re-ignited my unbelievable obsession with that music. It's been playing nonstop in my car and in my head ever since Christmas day, when we saw it.


By the way, if you haven't seen it, the movie was pretty good and a more accessible medium. Seriously, even $12 is less than what you'll pay to see it live, and wonderful as it is, most people are more willing to shell out twelve smackers than about forty-five.


(And, I'll take Hugh Jackman's performance over Russell Crowe's any day. Jackman's voice wasn't outstanding, but his acting was great. I believed him; Russell Crowe just looked really uncomfortable the whole time.)



So not ready for: tomorrow to be Monday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment