Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

Quiet in the Night

I've written before about how meditative and relaxing cooking can be for me.



Especially when it's a familiar recipe or comforting meal, I find the process of purposefully not rushing through meal prep particularly soothing.







It's the simplicity of mindless tasks,






The combination of the simplest ingredients,







And the knowledge that all of these easy ingredients will come together into a delicious, nourishing meal for myself and people I love.






There's this cute little spice shop in Chestnut Hill called Penzeys, and it sells very high quality, very expensive stuff. They have a great slogan, one that I totally identify with:




I have this sticker hanging in my kitchen, and my class gave me a Penzeys starter kit that included a tea towel with this slogan. I'm so pleased to have this cropping up in my life, because cooking can be a worship for me, and I'm always glad for the opportunity to serve others with cooking and hospitality.


So, if you ever want some love, give me a call and join me for some probably simple, unembellished, but tasty food and companionship.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this inspiring post. How about posting the recipe of the dish you pictured? It looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      It's a dish I make on a regular basis, so I'll snap a photo next time it comes around! I cook up some pasta, roast the broccoli and dice up the cooked chicken. Then I make a light cream sauce and add plenty of pesto, mix it all together and voila!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete