Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mama's Day

Happy Mother's Day!





(Also applicable for awesome grandmothers.)



It struck me today how very long I've lived outside of my mother's home. In the meantime, I've been in the homes of plenty of women who willingly offer me the love of a mother, all biology aside.



But nonetheless, it's been longer than I realized since my mom and I called the same place "home."



And you know what?



It doesn't matter.



My mom will always be part of "home" for me, as will so many women who has taught me about love, grace, gentleness, and honor. And I'm thankful to have a mother who instilled a strong sense of "home," and how to appreciate that.



Home, away, or somewhere in between--Happy Mother's Day!



Also, this is a beautiful reminder about how to treat Mother's Day with gentleness. Part of my growing up has taught me that Mother's Day is not a day of rejoicing for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment