Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Garden Update!

We've had a cool spring here in the Philly 'burbs...I'm totally ready for the heat of summer.



For now. Give me a few weeks and I'm sure I'll be complaining about the humidity.



'Cause I'm dramatic like that.



Anyway, I'm resolutely plugging away with my garden, even though it's off to a slow start. I'm just thrilled to be playing in the dirt. In this post you can see some of the work I (and Dan and Dean) did on the fencing. It's so much prettier now.






Especially now that there's a bit of green poking through!


Two rows of Tom Thumb Lettuce, and one row of Bibb. And those little spikes in the background are spinach! They're all heirloom and organic, 'cause I'm fancy like that. 


(Not.) 


Peas creeping up the trellis...


There's also a baby zucchini on the other side, and I'm going to add some cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and beans over the next few weeks. Eventually I'm hoping to propagate some basil and green onions too. 



Love this!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment