Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homage to Deliciousness

AND crappy photography. My Ipod Touch is not much better than my camera. I apologize in advance for the blurriness and overall poor quality of the photos you are about to view.


Thank you.


Last week I roasted a chicken in my crockpot. Yes, in my crockpot.


It was amazing.




I put my chicken in the crockpot before I left for school in the morning. I followed this method by the amazing Ms. How Sweet Eats, except I did put a lemon in the chicken cavity and I didn't roast the potatoes and onions in the bottom. Just loads of garlic, salt and pepper.


Then (mostly to see if I can, because this is not important to either me or Dan) I put the chicken onto a roasting rack in put it in the oven for about 20 minutes to make the skin nice and crispy. Be careful though, the meat almost falls off the bones!


Next (like how I'm using all the second grade writing transition words?) I scooped out some of the juice from the crockpot to make this.


That's right, people. Homemade gravy. And mashed potatoes. 



I even set a nice table. 



Wahoo!!


As if that wasn't enough, tonight I made this.


Fire-roasted pork tenderloin, with ginger roasted broccoli.


Courtesy of Gina's SkinnyTaste.



Served up with some peach salsa from Trader Joe's and white jasmine rice...yum.


I love having time to cook again!

No comments:

Post a Comment