Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Things that Made Me Smile

It was a pretty good week, you guys. Which I'm thankful for, because as the indomitable Jen Hatmaker puts it, "we are limping, limping across the finish line, folks."



I'm tired, the kids are tired, we're kind of just done. But there are seven days to go! So here are a few things that brightened my week.



1. Going to see Singin' in the Rain with my sister and buddy Chris. A mom-and-pop movie theatre that we frequent is doing a series called Hollywood Summer Nights, playing tons of old-school classics on the cheap. We're going to be partaking a lot, and this was a great way to start.



2. Cooler weather. Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but it's almost impossible to function when the temps skyrocket to 95 with about 385740% humidity. Especially in a stuffy classroom with 19 kids and two ancient oscillating fans.



3. A pleasant Lily. Sometimes I realize that, infatuated as I am with this furry little creature that has invaded our lives, she's stuck in toddler phase and can be a real pain in the ass. We're pretty sure she's part Border Collie, so think LOTS of energy, the kind that can only be released by sprinting to chase something that may or may not change directions. Yeah. Intense physical and mental stimulation. We're hoping to get her into agility training at some point.





4. Laughing with my students. Now that we're no longer down to any wires, I try to lighten up and enjoy their goofiness instead of channeling it. They wanna scat along to Beethoven's 5th? Go for it.



5. Chinese food for dinner tonight! Cause seriously, what else does a girl need on a Friday night than some friends and delicious General Tso's?

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment