Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to It!

(By the way, we've broken 5000 site visits! You guys rock! If you follow me using the link on the right-hand side of the page, it'll be easier than ever to know when I've updated!)



Labor Day weekend has come and gone, meaning that school is baaaack!



I can't decide if this is more "womp womp" or "woohoo!"



"Womp womp" because...well, I have to go back to work.



"Woohoo" because...I actually like my work!



My district wasn't able to offer me a teaching position for this school year (and last year's job as 2nd grade teacher was only a year-long gig). However, they have moved me from my old aide job in multiple disabilities to an aide job (in another elementary school) in learning support. This is kind of sad because I'll miss my friends and kiddos, but also really exciting because this position has more academic emphasis, and I'll get to work closely with students on their actual lessons.



I'm sure there will be plenty of posts to come on school and the cool things I get to do there. The learning support teachers I'm working with seem really great, and they expect me to not just shadow kids and help them when they need it, but to take an active role in helping these kids succeed. Since that's the stuff that kind of makes my job worthwhile, I'm super excited to jump in.



I'll keep you posted! How was your Labor Day weekend? Are you gearing up for anything new or exciting this fall?





No comments:

Post a Comment