Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Roasted Veggie Soup

Sooo, you remember how I was so excited about my roasted veggie plan?



Yeah, after eating heaping helpings of roasted veggies five times in four days...I was kind of over them. Not in a permanent way, just in a I'm-so-not-taking-these-for-lunch-tomorrow way.



But how could I waste all that deliciousness? Those roasted veggies needed some new life, my friends.



Enter....soup!



I love soup. I love pretty much any kind of soup, but I especially love good, hearty soups that fill you up and warm your soul. A good chicken noodle soup is nice, but nothing is quite like a rich potato or broccoli cheddar soup.



Mmm. Those might need to happen soon.



Anyways, I grabbed what was left of my sad little roasted veggies,





Heated up some broth,





Warmed the veggies in the broth,





And blended! Add some half-and-half for creaminess, and some of these guys for a little kick.






Voila. Roasted veggies get a five minute makeover.






And for the record, I had a big bowl of this with a hunk of challah bread, and it was delish. I only blended for maybe 10 seconds tops, since I'm a nut about texture and can't handle super smooth pureed soups after more than few bites (even that tomato soup I made had some chunks left in it).



I'd like to call this a fall chowder, but really I'm not sure what makes a chowder a chowder. Any helpful cooks out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment