Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

School Days

I haven't updated about school lately, but here's a few of the things that have been keeping me so busy--too busy to blog as often as I wish!



Fresh and lovely writing domain posters. I was kind of proud of these, I took my time designing them and made sure they were bright, colorful, and appealing. 


Alliteration Anchor Chart. Yeah, my artistic skills are being stretched every day. 


Our New Years Goals...made into a mobile. For funsies. 


This cracked me up to no end. We were working on fact versus fiction, and the instructions were to color boxes with factual statements red, and fictional statements blue. Over half of my students colored this red. 


Paper towel roll butterflies, made with our kindergarten buddy class. 


So cute!


This was formerly our Star Student wall, but now that all of my students have been Stars, I turned it into a Showcase. Each student can pin any piece of work they are particularly proud of in their spot. 



Spring bulletin board with "ripped" style flowers. 


More flowers. 


Contraction Flap Books. On the outside...


...and on the inside! The kids had fun with this, same work as a worksheet but way more fun. 



So that's school lately. I've been gaining enough confidence to branch out and design some of my own lessons, including an author's study with my leveled reading group. It's fun to be able to do all the cool stuff because I'm not as bogged down in the practical aspects. Baby steps, baby! 





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I saw! I'm so excited, I don't think I've ever been "pinned" before!

      Delete